Super Fish and Lenovo

Posted by: Bogus_bill

Super Fish and Lenovo - 02/27/15 02:53 AM

Lenovo installed spyware on their laptops (not Thinkpads or tablets), a betrayal to customers. This spyware intercepts web traffic to target advertising but, of course, it is much worse than that.

In December I purchased a new Lenovo laptop from Tiger Direct. Lenovo has released the 'fix' for this and it claims it fixes all issues. I ran it and the problem is gone. This has to go under the heading "What were they thinking of'.

If you have one of these laptops, check out these:

The fix

The story: http://gcn.com/blogs/pulse/2015/02/lenovo-superfish.aspx
Posted by: funkycamper

Re: Super Fish and Lenovo - 02/28/15 11:19 PM

Yeah, I use AVG internet protection and got an email from them about it. I don't have a Lenovo so didn't need it but I thought the whole thing was a real breach of trust. I would hesitate to consider a Lenovo product in the future when this old laptop finally dies.
Posted by: Bogus_bill

Re: Super Fish and Lenovo - 03/01/15 02:46 AM

Lenovo makes a great product. I think we have been through 3 generations of them at our house. Now that they have betrayed our trust..I don't know about another one. Of course I am a citizen of a country who forgets every four years how badly one party is trying to treat us so, who knows, maybe I will forget in time for another.

Right now, no way.