Topic Options
#2565 - 10/05/08 05:06 AM McCain's base is jumping ship!
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There has been a lot of talk about McCain's temper, his erratic behavior, and how he doesn't have the temperment to be president. Gosh, even conservative stalwarts like George Will and Charles Krauthammer have gone on record questioning McCain's temperment.

And now McCain faces an even bigger dilemma. His base likes his anger. The same anger that is turning independents off. And as he scrambles to find ways to be more appealing to independents, his base is leaving him in droves. Poor John. <sniff, sniff>

#2566 - 10/05/08 07:38 AM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: funkycamper]
tryagain Offline

Loc: Libville, Washington
Originally Posted By: funkycamper
There has been a lot of talk about McCain's temper

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!

snip personally identifying information.

Edited by ghtalk_mod (10/05/08 02:18 PM)
Edit Reason: edited by moderator. Calling out anonymous posters using real life identities is not allowed.

#2569 - 10/05/08 12:25 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: tryagain]
ThatOneGuy Offline
journeyman

Tryagain, this place is not somewhere for personal issues.

If you want to be the tough guy then have the guts to put your name on your post. Don't hide behind an anonymous post. Many stay anonymous here but they don't get personal either. If I did then I would at least be brave enough to say who I was. Obviously you're not.

Are you really that cowardly and gutless? Are you from the GraysHarboronline board? If so that would explain your idiotic response.

And yes I stayed anonymous after attacking you but that is only because you wished to make it personal to begin with and you're not worth my time to explain who I am.

The discussion was on a national candidate regarding national issues. It's fair game. Singling out someone for what their spouse may or may not do is just showing what a cowardly piece of crap you are.

Edited by ThatOneGuy (10/05/08 12:33 PM)
Edit Reason: Added text

#2570 - 10/05/08 12:25 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: tryagain]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Quote of personal identification info snipped. Please bear in mind that when someone posts someone else's personal identification, quoting that information repeats the offense, whether intentional or not--ghtalk moderator

It is kind of a rule here that anonymous members have the right to be anonymous even if most of us know who they are. Consider it a pen name where you can create the character you want to play in these discussions.

However, if you are speaking of a commissioner being a little testy with idiots, I have always wondered how anyone could ever be a politician and not do a little blowing up. I know that it is part of the job description to keep your cool at all times but humans are subject to being human.

So what is the difference with McCain? Local politicians don't have their finger on a red button that can annihilate the world.

That could be the ultimate temper tantrum.

#2571 - 10/05/08 12:30 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: ThatOneGuy]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Tryagain, this place is not somewhere for personal issues

Agreed.

New posters are welcome. We are not always completely courteous here but attacks on the person, not the ideas, are ugly things that don't belong here.

#2573 - 10/05/08 12:44 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: funkycamper]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I love it.

He is a cantankerous old coot but he is funny.

#2579 - 10/05/08 02:50 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: Bogus_bill]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

tryagain, when someone shoves a video camera 2 inches from someone's nose, they should expect that anybody would push the camera back and tell them to get it out of their face. ETA: Especially when these same people have been on a personal vendetta that is outside the realm of normal political opposition. The threats aren't political but personal, in the "we will ruin you and your family vein"; these are chronic and have even occurred in our own yard. Not to mention the GHOuL distortions and outright lies. Believe you me, dealing with these crackpots gets old.

Back on topic...yeah, I thought the old coot was hysterical. Just an attempt to bring a little humor into this cantankerous race.

Edited by funkycamper (10/05/08 03:09 PM)

#2586 - 10/05/08 03:44 PM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: funkycamper]
MH Lady Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Hoquiam
"Even more antiquated and unhinged..."

He doesn't scare me like McCain does.

#2594 - 10/06/08 01:50 AM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: MH Lady]
Jewels Offline
old hand

Loc: State of Confusion (a.k.a. Abe...
Dang, I go away for the weekend and I missed all the drama!!

crazy

#3052 - 10/24/08 01:44 AM Re: McCain's base is jumping ship! [Re: Jewels]
tsunamitsurfer Offline
addict

Loc: On the Washington coast
Yeah, no kidding.

An extremely low gutter act... not cool. Not cool at all...

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 20 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27