Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#51632 - 01/10/13 07:46 PM Hitler took their guns away?
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Heaven. Yeah, cool.

#51694 - 01/11/13 02:37 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
And it has become an article of faith among the gun culture that had they been armed, the Holocaust would not have happened (that is, among those members of the gun culture who know that the Holocaust really did happen). But the concept of a handful of citizens armed with hunting rifles and Saturday night specials fending off an army is delusional hubris peculiar to gun addicts.

An armed Jew, or group of Jews, could at least have died trying to protect their children from massacre by Einsatzgruppen...rather than having themselves and their loved ones lined up before a firing squad like livestock before a slaughter. The brave spirit and courageous determination of armed resistance when facing death standing ground against evil tyranny, something our Forefathers embraced, encouraged, and understood, truly escapes you. Color me unsurprised in disgust and disdain.

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#51705 - 01/11/13 05:29 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: ikayak

The brave spirit and courageous determination of armed resistance when facing death standing ground against evil tyranny, something our Forefathers embraced, encouraged, and understood,

Actually the American Revolution was only undertaken with the greatest of reluctance.

"Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes"

Education is a wonderful thing. You should try it sometime, dumbass.

#51709 - 01/11/13 06:12 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Patrick Henry
The war is inevitable and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come.

It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

#51712 - 01/11/13 06:16 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Was any of that in the Declaration of Independence?

By the way, earlier in that same famous Patrick Henry speech are these words:

"And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves and the House."

Ten years, Iky. Yep, Patrick Henry wanted war so badly he waited ten years to get it started.

Idiot. Go back to church, you brainless prat.

#51715 - 01/11/13 06:30 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

How long he waited before he took up arms and encouraged others to do so is a moot point.

Patrick Henry:

I repeat it, sir, we must fight! An appeal to arms and to the God of hosts is all that is left us! They tell us, sir, that we are weak; unable to cope with so formidable an adversary. But when shall we be stronger? Will it be the next week, or the next year? Will it be when we are totally disarmed, and when a British guard shall be stationed in every house? Shall we gather strength by irresolution and inaction? Shall we acquire the means of effectual resistance by lying supinely on our backs and hugging the delusive phantom of hope, until our enemies shall have bound us hand and foot? Sir, we are not weak if we make a proper use of those means which the God of nature hath placed in our power. The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us. Besides, sir, we shall not fight our battles alone. There is a just God who presides over the destinies of nations, and who will raise up friends to fight our battles for us. The battle, sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave.

You're going to make a pretty easy target lying there supinely on your back hugging your pillow of phantom hope, Beav. Pity.

#51717 - 01/11/13 07:28 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

How long he waited before he took up arms and encouraged others to do so is a moot point.

Let's try again.

I said: "Actually the American Revolution was only undertaken with the greatest of reluctance."

You posted what Patrick Henry said after ten years of not starting a revolution.

In other words, it took Patrick Henry at least ten years to undertake a revolt against the Crown.

I'd say "reluctance" is putting it mildly.

But then I have a brain.

#51720 - 01/11/13 07:44 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Then use the brain that you claim to have and admit that seen easily from just this one speech, Patrick Henry embraced, encouraged, and understood the brave spirit and courageous determination of armed resistance while facing death standing ground against evil tyranny.

Just as I posted.

He was NOT in favor of waiting until citizens were "totally disarmed".

Or is that still escaping you and your brain?

#51721 - 01/11/13 08:14 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: ikayak]
mdean Offline
veteran

Loc: Grays Harbor
Side note:

"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Ironic, coming from a slave owner.

#51723 - 01/11/13 08:57 PM Re: Hitler took their guns away? [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

He was NOT in favor of waiting until citizens were "totally disarmed".

...was the British Crown confiscating the colonists' guns?

You are completely living in your own fantasy world, aren't you?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 30 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27