Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#75931 - 01/26/17 05:15 AM Things happening south of the border
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Peso vs. dollar is creeping up since Trump. 100 pesos is worth less than $5.

We know a person whose work takes her to international places but evidently not the USA. She was informed that no visas will be issued and to try again in four years. There was zero chance she would have stayed in the USA but Trump doesn't want any Mexicans in the USA.

After the election, there were cars driving around with signs that said Americans were welcome in San Miguel. I was in the USA but the report touched me because Mexicans could be little and turn on their American guests.

Like many of us in the USA, my Mexican neighbors are worried but it is sunny, food grows well, costs are not skyrocketing and all will be well. Our government down here is one of the most corrupt you can find. Trump is temporary.

Myself, I worry about a monetary collapse. It would not affect gringos here but we have to wonder who would bail them out. Maybe China?

#75932 - 01/26/17 06:32 AM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Bogus_bill]
Brit Offline
veteran

"Trump doesn't want any Mexicans in the USA."

I'm sure you have your facts wrong with this statement since we currently have almost 57 million living in the US, and I've not heard anyone, including Trump, saying we are going to rid our population of all Hispanics. Most people in this country have no problem with people immigrating into our country through the proper procedures, but our government has done a dismal job in keeping out those who have entered our country through unauthorized means, and an even more dismal job of seeking out those who have done so and bringing them to justice.

#75933 - 01/27/17 07:05 PM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Brit]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

If you are a Mexican and apply for a visa to the USA, you will be denied. They will tell you to re-apply in four years. 'They' is the USA. Does that mean they don't want Mexicans in the USA?

The 57 million living among us? If they are citizens, they are not Mexicans, they are of Mexican descent. People too often don't understand that brown skin does not belong to one nation like Mexico.

The 'illegals' is a more complex issue than just saying deport them. Many have been here for a generation or two. To just rip all of them out of their homes, separate children who are born here from their parents, ship many of them to a country they have never known is inhumane. That comprehensive immigration package that has been shelved needs to be voted into law.

#75934 - 01/27/17 08:38 PM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Brit]
Brit Offline
veteran

You seem totally unconcerned about the fact that millions of people (and certainly not all of Mexican descent) are known to have crossed our borders without permission and have entered into our country without proper authorization. They did not go through the immigration process required by US federal laws, and violated those laws by entering anyway. This is the issue that has to be dealt with, not how long they have been living here or whether or not they have children who have been born here. Whatever the consequences of their failure to follow our law is a direct result of their doing so.

We are a democracy and our governing officials cannot simply decide which of our laws they are going to enforce and which they are simply going to ignore. Those who choose not to enforce our laws should be brought to justice.

If our current immigration laws need to be changed, then our elected officials should decide what those changes need to be. I have no problem with that at all, but we can't sit back and simply ignore the fact we have a huge number of people residing in our country today that broke our laws by their unauthorized entry.

I happen to think building a wall anywhere around out borders is a ridiculous idea, and a totally unnecessary expense. In my opinion a far better idea would be to bring sufficient numbers of our military forces back into this country to patrol our borders. The cost savings of bringing the military out of other countries would create a huge savings to our defense department and would provide for much safer borders for our country.

#75935 - 01/27/17 10:05 PM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Bogus_bill]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

@Bogus Bill

1) "Does that mean they don't want Mexicans in the USA?"

Seriously, come on...stop it.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.dailycall.../?client=safari

2) Mexican is a nationality, not a race of people. Some people don't understand that natural born citizens of Mexico come in all skin tones and eye colors. Racial ideology in Mexico has a long, complicated, political and social history.

3) Hmmmm...I don't remember ever hearing the argument from the Left and other illegal migration lovers that shipping Mexican/Latin American/Cuban kids across our southern border up here to a country/culture/language they've never known was "inhumane". Interesting.

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#75936 - 01/28/17 08:12 AM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Brit]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
I have no problem with that at all, but we can't sit back and simply ignore the fact we have a huge number of people residing in our country today that broke our laws by their unauthorized entry.

There are multiple types of cases of illegals. I would be the first to say, "send em home" if they are recent immigrants. If they have been here awhile, you have to be prepared to split families up, kids staying with relatives that are legal and one or both parents being deported.

Maybe (generic) you can glom onto the 'illegal' part of illegal alien and chop families up, throw out productive, schooled in the USA (a heck of an investment)people and inflict this kind of cruelty and be smug about the situation because 'illegal' is such a big deal to you but these are real lives. Why? You want their darned jobs? How shallow is that?

We should have been active on illegals 40 years ago and kept them thinned down. By not enforcing the law then, we created the situation that we now have. Don't you think that the USA has a little blame in this? We need to suck it up and find that comprehensive immigration reform that has been being talked about forever.

If you are white, you are privileged here. I am white but I guess I am a bleeding heart. I would not think it is that hard to put yourself into someone else's situations.

Edited by Bogus_bill (01/28/17 11:49 AM)

#75937 - 01/28/17 08:34 AM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Bogus_bill]
Brit Offline
veteran

"We should have been active on illegals 40 years ago and kept them thinned down. By not enforcing the law then, we created the situation that we now have. Don't you think that the USA has a little blame in this? We need to suck it up and find that comprehensive immigration reform that has been being talked about forever."

I mostly agree with this comment, and certainly agree we should have been enforcing our laws far, far more earnestly than has been the case. That lack of enforcement did likely encourage more and more unauthorized crossing of our borders, which has been drastically increased during the past several years. The same thing holds true today, in that if we don't resolve to enforce existing federal laws we will continue to look weak and foolish.

#75938 - 01/29/17 07:02 AM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Brit]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
That lack of enforcement did likely encourage more and more unauthorized crossing of our borders, which has been drastically increased during the past several years. The same thing holds true today, in that if we don't resolve to enforce existing federal laws we will continue to look weak and foolish.

We need an immigration plan that works. And we need to realize, all of us, that when you rip families apart who have been in the USA many years there are humans that are going through hell. I read tonight about a woman who tried to kill herself in an airport. She was being deported, her life over anyway. It really bothers me that my fellow countrymen can coldly condone something this inhumane.

I am getting ready to go to Guatemala next week, a place that is even poorer with less opportunity. I have mentioned here before about Guatemalans riding the trains north, headed for the USA, if they can figure out how to get across the border. There is no plan in any Latin American nation of what to do if mass deportations land on their doorsteps. There is no money to implement a plan if they had one. It is going to be interesting because the tour group always has a local guide who explains everything to you.

For the record, I am for a wall so that it will slow down the flow to start with so we don't have to deport. Mexico is not going to pay for it though and I balk at spending that many billions on something that is only going to be marginally successful. It is not infrastructure and we need to fix ours.

#75939 - 01/29/17 08:07 PM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Bogus_bill]
Brit Offline
veteran

"We need an immigration plan that works. And we need to realize, all of us, that when you rip families apart who have been in the USA many years there are humans that are going through hell. I read tonight about a woman who tried to kill herself in an airport. She was being deported, her life over anyway. It really bothers me that my fellow countrymen can coldly condone something this inhumane."

The US did not cause this problem! The fed laws are on the books and those trespassing our borders were fully aware they were breaking our laws but flaunted that and crossed anyway knowing of the possibility of deportation and the ramifications such actions might bring forth. If families are torn apart, it is the direct result of the actions of those who knowingly broke our laws and took the chance something like that could well result. It's exactly the same as a robber who gets caught and sentenced to prison causing his family to be torn apart as a direct result of his decision to break the law.

I find it most troubling that we actually have whole cities in this country that are harboring these fugitives and "shielding" them. I thought that such actions were a crime.

#75948 - 02/08/17 09:52 PM Re: Things happening south of the border [Re: Brit]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

^^^Like^^^

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 18 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27