Topic Options
#75915 - 01/14/17 09:48 PM Trump and the GSA
Stash Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: State of Euphoria

#75918 - 01/16/17 07:44 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Stash]
Brit Offline
veteran

While not much of a Trump fan to begin with, I'm far more concerned about this: "The number of Democratic members of Congress saying they will boycott Donald Trump's inauguration on Friday has increased to 26. Mr Trump lashed out at Mr Lewis on Twitter on Friday after Mr Lewis said he was not a "legitimate president."

While I'm not much of a Trump fan, this is totally ridiculous, and basically all the dems have done since the election is play crybaby rather than facing reality and giving Trump recognition with hope that he will succeed in making this country great again.

Republicans were the party of "NO" and now the democrats are the party of "NO SHOW."

#75919 - 01/16/17 11:26 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Brit]
Stash Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I agree... for the most part. The Office of the President is important and the newest occupant deserves respect from the minority party and/or the majority party... one hell of a lot more respect than Trump or the Republicans gave President Obama. I intend on giving Trump at least as much respect as they gave Obama.

Those he personally insulted, on the other hand, could stay away with a modicum of impunity. But, if everyone he insulted stayed away it would leave a pretty small audience.

#75920 - 01/17/17 08:31 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Stash]
mdean Offline
veteran

Loc: Grays Harbor
I don't care who shows up for the dog and pony show, I care who shows up to work on our behalf when the show is over. I care about the people who are about to lose insurance. I've no concern for pomp and circumstance, and the incoming-president's ego.

#75921 - 01/17/17 11:03 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: mdean]
Brit Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: mdean
I don't care who shows up for the dog and pony show, I care who shows up to work on our behalf when the show is over. I care about the people who are about to lose insurance. I've no concern for pomp and circumstance, and the incoming-president's ego.

I agree about the dog and pony show. They could do away with all the hoopla and just have a simple swearing in ceremony and be done with it. It would save a lot of time and money.

So who's about to lose insurance? From what I've read more people than ever will eventually be covered, but either way it's all speculation at this point...being disguised as news.

#75922 - 01/17/17 11:47 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Brit]
mdean Offline
veteran

Yeah? What have you read?

#75923 - 01/17/17 11:54 PM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: mdean]
Brit Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: mdean
Yeah? What have you read?

From a recent Washington Post interview for example:

"We're going to have insurance for everybody," Trump told the Post in a telephone interview late Saturday. "There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can't pay for it, you don't get it. That's not going to happen with us." People covered under the law "can expect to have great health care. It will be in a much simplified form. Much less expensive and much better."

#75924 - 01/18/17 12:35 AM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Brit]
mdean Offline
veteran

So, eventually. Maybe. Depends on a replacement plan, which hasn't been outlined.

I've read lots of articles putting the number of people that will lose coverage (barring a replacement) at around 18 million.

As for anecdotal evidence, I know families that will lose coverage, including one family that needs bipolar meds for one of the kids. Not eventually... now.

Personally, I'm not banking on Trump's promises. I hope he proves me wrong, but he doesn't have a plan.

And the real irony is apparently going unnoticed... he's saying everyone will have healthcare... everyone. Universal health care. The thing Republicans hate and have fought against... their guy is now promising it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/18-million-could-lose-insurance-under-obamacare-repeal-175514484.html

#75925 - 01/18/17 12:57 AM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: mdean]
Brit Offline
veteran

Yes, lots of speculation about what may happen or what may not happen with some what ifs thrown in for good measure.

I'm not at all convinced that Republicans were looking to Trump as "their man." In fact, the party did pretty much everything they could to stop his winning the nomination, but on a broader spectrum, the people were fed up with both political parties and went for what is more of an outsider. Trump has been given the chance to make a difference, and I'm hoping that will be a positive difference. Time will tell, but I detest pundits on both sides of the aisle looking into their crystal balls and predicting the future, and then calling their opinions "news."

#75926 - 01/18/17 06:31 AM Re: Trump and the GSA [Re: Brit]
Stash Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Brit
"We're going to have insurance for everybody," Trump told the Post in a telephone interview late Saturday.

His designated explainer came out an hour or so later and walked it back to something like, "He meant ACCESS TO INSURANCE FOR EVERYBODY."

A stage 4 cancer patient with 24 hours to live can probably get insurance if he has enough money. "Sure, I'll give you $100,000 insurance, for just $120,000 a month payable in advance!"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23