Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#75856 - 11/30/16 06:59 AM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: Stash]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

And all "your" smug condescension lost "you" the election. So on second thought, you and Mike go right ahead and keep it up, slow learners.

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#75858 - 11/30/16 08:35 PM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: ikayak]
mdean Offline
veteran

Loc: Grays Harbor
Originally Posted By: ikayak

Stop it with the smug broad brush....

Originally Posted By: mdean

Not so much for every christian who voted for Trump, because I know some who did without trying to justify it with the bible.

#75859 - 11/30/16 09:06 PM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: mdean]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: ikayak

Stop it with the smug broad brush....

Not so much for every christian who voted for Trump, because I know some who did without trying to justify it with the bible.

Here's the unintended consequences of the evangelical vote. They can no longer claim moral high ground. They rolled over on their own standards. There was no grilling Donald on his faith, only a vain attempt to assimilate him into faith for political gain. And he's chameleon enough to know when it pays to change colors. So, he played along. But that answer to their prayers is now their new standard bearer.

#75861 - 11/30/16 11:25 PM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: ikayak]
mdean Offline
veteran

You tell me, which part of Trump's platform most closely resembles Jesus? Is it turning away refugees? Is it the pee test before feeding? Is it his care for the meek? The poor?

Is it everyone paying their own fair share of taxes, including himself? Oh, wait. We know it's not that.

Maybe it's the torture? Jesus was big on waterboarding.

It's probably the way he plans to treat "the least of these."

You tell me. Please. For the group who typically votes for the candidate that most represents their faith to have picked the one that says they've never asked forgiveness, don't see the need, but happily admit to coming prepared for sexual assault... well, it does bring up a few questions. But I'm sure you can answer them, so you tell me. What part of the obnoxious p*ssy-grabber do you find most like Jesus?

You know what I see? A case of a rich man trying to squeeze his fat ass through the eye of a needle, and his cherry-picking apologists lubing his hips with excuses.

And yes, that last group is lumped together, but they are not to be confused with the honest church-goers who had to hold their nose and vote, or who genuinely believe Trump is the right guy, or who just want to shake stuff up. They aren't trying to wrap their vote in a bible, which was made clear in my first post.

#75862 - 11/30/16 11:52 PM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: mdean]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
And yes, that last group is lumped together

My point exactly. And so what that/if some Christians believe that their prayers of a new, better direction for this country were answered with Trump's election? Why so condescending, judgmental, and arrogant toward the brethren? Get back to me when your own thoughts, words, deeds, and prayers are in perfect alignment with the Almighty and His will.

#75863 - 12/01/16 12:22 AM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: ikayak]
mdean Offline
veteran

That's it, keep that goalpost mobile. It's not enough that you don't even attempt to answer my question, and can't differentiate between groups, you just re-issue a vague challenge as though its your own, complete with a qualifier that you can dismiss if you don't like the results.

"Get back to me when your own thoughts, words, deeds, and prayers are in perfect alignment with the Almighty and His will."

Such demanding standards for Internet chat. Much higher than you require of a president.

#75864 - 12/01/16 02:00 AM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: mdean]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You're all about differentiating between groups, aren't you? So which "groups" do you want divided out now? The Christians you know and approve of (or tolerate) because they meet your standard of finding Trump sorely lacking in the holy sanctification process but voted for him anyway with reasons you're willing to excuse...vs...which other group-s?...the Christian "deplorables"?...the "bitter clingers"?...the "hypocritical bible thumpers for Trump"..."THOOOOOSE CHRISTIANS" you don't hang with and don't care to know?

Luke 18:11 "Oh God, I thank You that I'm not like THOOOOOSE Christians who voted for Trump", right Mike?...because HRC is soooooo much more Christ-like, right?

So which platform most resembles Jesus? The Republican Platform, hands down, on the sanctity and protection of human life, you know, the human life created in the image of God, the human life God knits together in the womb, the human life that He has known from before the foundation of the world. That platform.

Roman 13:1-2. Boom.

#75865 - 12/01/16 03:03 AM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: ikayak]
mdean Offline
veteran

No.

You're refusing to see the point. Or unable, I don't know which. God knows you've blown your own horn enough to leave the impression you're smart enough to get it. And yet...

#75866 - 12/01/16 03:26 AM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: mdean]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Good try at deflection, however, you're still wrong, and still sounding very sanctimonious. Contrary to your assertion, evangelicals conceded no moral ground voting for Trump, especially compared to the other candidate-s who think it's hunky dory to kill innocent human beings in the womb, even unquestionably "viable" ones. The evangelicals who conceded moral ground are the ones who voted for one of the other top three tickets who think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the God given right to life to our most innocent and vulnerable...truly the least among us.

#75868 - 12/01/16 09:30 PM Re: Christians for Trump [Re: ikayak]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Quote:
You're all about differentiating between groups, aren't you? So which "groups" do you want divided out now? The Christians you know and approve of (or tolerate) because they meet your standard of finding Trump sorely lacking in the holy sanctification process but voted for him anyway with reasons you're willing to excuse...vs...which other group-s?...the Christian "deplorables"?...the "bitter clingers"?...the "hypocritical bible thumpers for Trump"..."THOOOOOSE CHRISTIANS" you don't hang with and don't care to know?

Why do you think Trump is going to nominate someone who is truly and, by necessity, secretly anti-abortion? I say secretly because nominating and getting a racist through the congress are different things. The past shows making a Justice out of a person with extreme positions to be a hard thing to do. Their records are examined and reexamined. A Republican Justice? Republicans don't want this known but the majority of the justices that decided Roe vs. Wade were nominated by Republican presidents. Who knew, right?

You mix so much stuff up. Nowhere did Hillary define which people were 'deplorable'. When she misspoke I believe most of us identified the deplorables as those who were racists ( a far bigger number than just white supremacists), those who were sexist and those who spread lies. She also said HALF and whether they are half the total Republicans or a lesser amount is a guess. If the subjective you identify yourself in that group or not is up to you.

Face it: Trump is one of those deplorables. Not a sexist, you say? Racist? You voted for him. A liar who can be shown to do anything to be elected says he will nominate a someone or someones who will overturn Roe vs. Wade and you believe it.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 14 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27