Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#75163 - 04/28/15 11:50 PM Web Page Problems
Brit Offline
veteran

For some unknown reason certain web sites I have visited for years will no longer open (Weather.com for example. An alert on lower left side of screen says "Waiting for tags.crwdcntrl.net). Other pages have slowed to open, often taking up to 45 seconds (Accuweather.com for example. An alert on the lower left side of the screen says "Establishing secure connection...) I'm using Windows Vista and Chrome browser, but have the same issues on Firefox. I think it must be some sort of setting that is causing this, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Anyone have ideas I might try to fix these problems?

#75165 - 04/29/15 06:14 AM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Brit]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

We have experienced the same problem. SOOOO frustrating! We tried all of the usual fixes to no avail. So we went out and bought a Mac Pro. Problem solved! wink

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#75166 - 04/29/15 11:50 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Brit]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
When you are waiting for a web site to load, just try hitting the stop on your browser bar and see if it loads. That may get you by.

Vista and XP have been orphaned, which could be the problem. The other possibility is malware. Run http://www.infospyware.com/antispyware/adwcleaner/ and see if that helps.

#75167 - 04/30/15 03:01 AM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Bogus_bill]
Brit Offline
veteran

I've tried hitting the stop, but most usually nothing more happens. Is there a way to get the web site you mentioned in English? Mine just shows in Spanish. Thanks for the suggestions. I may end up doing what Ikayak did, but I want to exhaust my options before doing that.

#75168 - 04/30/15 06:03 AM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Brit]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Just click on Descargar and it will do it's job removing malware. It is simple, safe, ads no extra programs to the download and is used in pc repair shops everywhere. And, it is free.

I like the Apple products but have no desire to go through that learning curve. It is frustrating enough with Windows 8 and I understand the concepts.

#75169 - 04/30/15 05:24 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Bogus_bill]
Brit Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Bogus_bill
Just click on Descargar and it will do it's job removing malware. It is simple, safe, ads no extra programs to the download and is used in pc repair shops everywhere. And, it is free.

I like the Apple products but have no desire to go through that learning curve. It is frustrating enough with Windows 8 and I understand the concepts.

I ran the spyware program but it didn't fix my problem frown
I've also run an Avast Full Scan with the same result. Any other suggestions?

#75171 - 04/30/15 05:54 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Brit]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Buy a Mac Pro. wink

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#75173 - 04/30/15 07:09 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: ikayak]
Tux Offline
enthusiast

I use malwarebytes for spot cleans. The free version works great, you just manually have to start the scan - http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/.
Is you're PC and web browser update to date?
Do you use an anti-virus?
Are there any other symptoms with your PC like it's slowing down, freezes, new prompts you haven't seen before, etc?

I would be cautious of doing anything personal on this PC until you figure out what's going on (ie banking, facebook, etc)

#75174 - 04/30/15 07:12 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Tux]
Tux Offline
enthusiast

If you have the money to buy a Mac then go for it, however if you have that kind of money it might be worth having a professional look at your PC.

If you don't have a couple thousand to spend and want a simple budget PC look into the HP Stream Mini - http://www.amazon.com/HP-Stream-200-010-Mini-Desktop/dp/B00R7R1GWK. At $180, it's a brand new full PC that does the basics very well. Windows 10 should be coming out later this year and it will be a free upgrade for Windows 8 users.

#75175 - 04/30/15 08:17 PM Re: Web Page Problems [Re: Tux]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have a program from AVG that's a 1-click maintenance program. Once in awhile, my computer will start dragging just like you describe when online. That program also cleans up your browser. It takes just a few minutes to run it and it always speeds my system right back up. I'm not really sure what it cleans. It's not malware or spyware. I have other programs for that. But it works so I don't care what it's cleaning, lol. You might check that out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23