Topic Options
#74988 - 02/27/15 02:53 AM Super Fish and Lenovo
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Lenovo installed spyware on their laptops (not Thinkpads or tablets), a betrayal to customers. This spyware intercepts web traffic to target advertising but, of course, it is much worse than that.

In December I purchased a new Lenovo laptop from Tiger Direct. Lenovo has released the 'fix' for this and it claims it fixes all issues. I ran it and the problem is gone. This has to go under the heading "What were they thinking of'.

If you have one of these laptops, check out these:

The fix

The story: http://gcn.com/blogs/pulse/2015/02/lenovo-superfish.aspx

#74992 - 02/28/15 11:19 PM Re: Super Fish and Lenovo [Re: Bogus_bill]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Yeah, I use AVG internet protection and got an email from them about it. I don't have a Lenovo so didn't need it but I thought the whole thing was a real breach of trust. I would hesitate to consider a Lenovo product in the future when this old laptop finally dies.

#74993 - 03/01/15 02:46 AM Re: Super Fish and Lenovo [Re: funkycamper]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Lenovo makes a great product. I think we have been through 3 generations of them at our house. Now that they have betrayed our trust..I don't know about another one. Of course I am a citizen of a country who forgets every four years how badly one party is trying to treat us so, who knows, maybe I will forget in time for another.

Right now, no way.

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 17 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27