Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Heaven. Yeah, cool.
One month ago today.

#51792 - 01/14/13 05:02 PM Re: Never forget [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
It seems so much longer than one month. I am absolutely positive that you have been harping on this particular shooting for many months...or so it seems.

#51794 - 01/14/13 05:08 PM Re: Never forget [Re: Bogus_bill]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Bogus_bill
It seems so much longer than one month. I am absolutely positive that you have been harping on this particular shooting for many months...or so it seems.

High 5!

While gun issues are worthy of discussion, hereabouts it's a debate between just a few who keep going around in the same circles. Too many slams and not enough substance.

#51795 - 01/14/13 05:08 PM Re: Never forget [Re: Bogus_bill]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Bogus_bill
I am absolutely positive that you have been harping on this particular shooting for many months...or so it seems.

...no doubt you'd like these 20 kindergartners forgotten.

Just like all the other victims of the gun fetish.

#51797 - 01/14/13 05:11 PM Re: Never forget [Re: funkycamper]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: funkycamper

While gun issues are worthy of discussion, hereabouts it's a debate between just a few who keep going around in the same circles. Too many slams and not enough substance.

I happily encourage and accept constructive discussion on the issue; q.v. my discussion with Mike Dean in a recent thread.

The problem is when the limit of discussion for some people is "the answer is more guns" followed by some variation on "I'm a law-abiding citizen but I NEED MY GUNS TO PROTECT ME FROM IMAGINARY HITLER."

#51852 - 01/15/13 05:30 AM Re: Never forget [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Oh, we all get that you all disagree with each other. Really, we do. But, after awhile, you all should just quit responding to each other. The contest to have the last word and the wittiest slam isn't worth competing in (and the readers get weary, too!).

I did appreciate the dialogue between you and MD.

Edited by funkycamper (01/15/13 06:04 AM)
Edit Reason: clarification

#51859 - 01/15/13 12:54 PM Re: Never forget [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
Bogus_bill Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: SMA Mexico
Quote:
...no doubt you'd like these 20 kindergartners forgotten.

Just like all the other victims of the gun fetish.

These kids won't be forgotten. You need not feel it is your duty to post their pictures repetitiously because you think they will.

The ache will always be there. They were kids. The shock value of seeing them will decrease. It is just a fact that comes with continuous exposure to something. You are on the right track if that is what you are trying to do.

(Funky) You are right about not responding. It is what we should do unless we are showing off our new taglines. grin

#51862 - 01/15/13 03:09 PM Re: Never forget [Re: Bogus_bill]
GSDlover Offline
enthusiast

Get a new soapbox

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 21 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23