Posted 11/19/12 09:04 PM
Description
The war is lost.

Comments
#50381 - 11/21/12 08:30 PM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ikayak]
Wally B Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: ikayak
The initial GI Bill was drafted and pushed by Republicans.

Correct, and it was supported by the liberals you claim have no interest in educations

#50388 - 11/21/12 08:54 PM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: Wally B]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Because one must never post sardonically on this board.

Which allows for some "big things".

Self-admitted Liar in Chief:

#50400 - 11/22/12 01:32 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Heaven. Yeah, cool.

Fact: Colmery and Atherton were Republicans.

Quote:
I have assured our men in the armed forces that the American people would not let them down when the war is won.

I hope that the Congress will help in carrying out this assurance, for obviously the Executive Branch of the Government cannot do it alone. May the Congress do its duty in this regard. The American people will insist on fulfilling this American obligation to the men and women in the armed forces who are winning this war for us. Of course, the returning soldier and sailor and marine are a part of the problem of demobilizing the rest of the millions of Americans who have been (working and) living in a war economy since 1941. That larger objective of reconverting wartime America to a peacetime basis is one for which your government is laying plans to be submitted to the Congress for action.

But the members of the armed forces have been compelled to make greater economic sacrifice and every other kind of sacrifice than the rest of us, and they are entitled to definite action to help take care of their special problems.

The least to which they are entitled, it seems to me, is something like this: First (1.) Mustering-out pay to every member of the armed forces and merchant marine when he or she is honorably discharged, mustering-out pay large enough in each case to cover a reasonable period of time between his discharge and the finding of a new job. Secondly (2.) In case no job is found after diligent search, then unemployment insurance if the individual registers with the United States Employment Service. Third (3.) An opportunity for members of the armed services to get further education or trade training at the cost of the government. Fourth (4.) Allowance of credit to all members of the armed forces, under unemployment compensation and Federal old-age and survivors' insurance, for their period of service. For these purposes they ought to (should) be treated as if they had continued their employment in private industry. Fifth (5.) Improved and liberalized provisions for hospitalization, for rehabilitation, for (and) medical care of disabled members of the armed forces and the merchant marine. And finally (6.), sufficient pensions for disabled members of the armed forces. Your Government is drawing up other serious, constructive plans for certain immediate forward moves. They concern food, manpower, and other domestic problems that (but they) tie in with our armed forces.

Within a few weeks I shall speak with you again in regard to definite actions to be taken by the Executive Branch of the Government, together with (and) specific recommendations for new legislation by the Congress.
--Franklin D. Roosevelt, Fireside Chat, July 28, 1943

Let me see...I said it was FDR's idea. When did your Republican heroes get involved? Oh, yeah. After FDR came up with the idea.

Just like I said.

Originally Posted By: Iky

I think we've covered that.

Indeed. Following your lies is exhausting.

Happy Turkey Day.

#50409 - 11/22/12 02:30 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ikayak]
funkycamper Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Iky's continuous contention that she supports neither Republicans nor Democrats would be more believable if she used demeaning terms to describe Republicans, too. That she only slams one side speaks louder than pages of arguments she writes claiming the contrary.

#50412 - 11/22/12 02:47 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
Let me see...I said it was FDR's idea. When did your Republican heroes get involved? Oh, yeah. After FDR came up with the idea.

FDR didn't draft the first GI Bill, did he?

Just like I said.

Quote:
Happy Turkey Day.

Happy Day, Turkey.

Quote:
Iky's continuous contention that she supports neither Republicans nor Democrats would be more believable if she used demeaning terms to describe Republicans, too. That she only slams one side speaks louder than pages of arguments she writes claiming the contrary.

Oh waah waah. Borrow some skin from your Thanksgiving Gobbler. Behavior speaks louder than words. I voted for more DemoncRats than Republicans on this general election ballot. Grow up, not so little girl.

#50413 - 11/22/12 03:00 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ikayak]
Beavis H. Christ Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Heaven. Yeah, cool.

Oh waah waah. Borrow some skin from your Thanksgiving Gobbler. Behavior speaks louder than words. I voted for more DemoncRats than Republicans on this general election ballot. Grow up, not so little girl.

Such bile. Such venom.

I'm thankful I'm not full of hate like that.

Happy turkey day.

#50415 - 11/22/12 03:02 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ikayak]
ThatsWhatSheSaid Offline
enthusiast

From what I've seen on this forum, I don't believe you.

#50417 - 11/22/12 03:06 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You're calling that bile and venom??? Bwahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahah.
Good one, Goofis.

#50419 - 11/22/12 03:06 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: Beavis H. Christ]
Brit Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Beavis H. Christ

I voted for more DemoncRats than Republicans on this general election ballot.

Such bile. Such venom.

Just because they have a "D" after their names doesn't make them all bad. smirk

#50420 - 11/22/12 03:06 AM Re: We've lost, ikayak :(( [Re: ThatsWhatSheSaid]
ikayak Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: ThatsWhatSheSaid

From what I've seen on this forum, I don't believe you.

I don't believe that I care whether or not you believe me.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 Registered (), 30 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ads
Shout Box

Newest Members
michaeia, Bardesh23, MaryOkelley, Dan Jones, Eventrou
725 Registered Users
April
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27